Making where you live, feel and look ‘homey’ is all a part of the charm that comes with enjoying your own little haven, where you have the luxury of adding your own little touches to possessions to make your relaxing space more personal. Creatively it couldn’t be more fun! Customising house-hold staples like mugs, plates, night lamps or vases to your own taste and knowing that you’re the only individual who has that exact design feels gratifying . Couture Stories has made doing it yourself even simpler by breaking down exactly what you need to do to make your very own artistic creations.
- For a DIY mug, all you need is porcelain dish that you want to permanently alter and several different colours in sharpie pens.
- You can opt to go for a more elegant tea mug, by using a black sharpie and simply scrolling your favourite quote in your neatest handwriting.
- If you want a colourful mug, simply draw what you’d like on the surface of the mug using the colours you’d like.
- After this has been done, bake your mug for 30 minutes at 350 degrees making sure not to touch or use the mug until it has completely cooled down.
- There you have it your own personal mug! Washing your mug by hand will not affect your creative print however, washing it in the dishwasher may.
If you’re feeling really adventurous and want to do the whole thing by scratch you can even make your ceramic dish from clay and then the entire dish would have been made by you. Sharpie pens are great to personalise all types of household items as well as plates and mugs, you can also individualise night lamps, vases, phone cases, pillows and even wallpaper! Happy designing!
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/mirza_aneesa