Awards season is always a special time of the year for showbiz fanatics, but the anticipation and excitement for The Academy Awards or The Oscars is in a league of its own! It’s come to that time of the year where we can almost hear our brains ticking as we try to predict who will be walking away with the greatest accolade for an actor, but what we are most looking forward to is the fashion and the unconcealed thrill to see what gowns the A-Listers will be wearing in 2015! In the mean time we take a look at our 7 Best Oscar Dresses Of All Time! 1. At the 2003 Oscars, Kate Hudson stunned in a gold chiffon, silk Versace gown, hand-made and reported to have taken 500 hours to make! The time spent making the dress was proven to be well worth it as the dress did more than impress, it was subtle and elegant, complemented with the old Hollywood up do and glowing makeup; the perfect look for The Oscars!
2. In 2005, Hilary Swank dropped jaws literally when she arrived at the Oscars wearing what has become one of the most iconic dresses worn to The Academy Awards. She looked breathtaking from every possible angle, the daringly low back dress revealed her incredible back which was considered to be a rather risky look for the enchanting actress who is most commonly seen in more conservative looks, the navy Guy Laroche gown was the perfect colour for her complexion, Swank looked truly the ultimate Hollywood star.
3. In 2011 Mila Kunis changed things up breaking the mould of the usual gold/nude gowns that are seen at The Oscars when she arrived in a gorgeous lavender lace Elie Saab Haute Couture. The dress was feminine, it was stylish and it commanded its presence standing out from all of the other dresses that year. Mila is no stranger to breaking the rules in fashion and so we commend her for her bravery and for pulling off lilac at The Academy Awards by putting her in our list of the 7 Best Oscar Dresses Of All Time.
4. In 2011, Cameron Diaz was the epitome of Hollywood glamour in a bejewelled Oscar de la Renta gown. Pulling out all of the stops, the beauty shined in her Cartier diamonds, she topped the stunning look off with a perfect shade of ruby lipstick, the incredibly sophisticated side-swept hair was just the icing on the cake!
5. Amanda Seyfried was the belle of the ball at the 2012 Oscars, when she arrived wearing a picturesque gown which was embellished in the most captivating shade of gold with silver dragonfly embroidery and a halter neck. She bought the look to life with her graceful poise, the natural makeup and the off the face hair which enhanced the focus on the dress and oh what an idyllic dress!
6. In 2013, Jennifer Lawrence stumbled her way to The Oscars and despite the infamous fall whilst collecting her Oscar for her performance in The Silver Lining Playbook, the fitted Christian Dior gown held it’s very own. The full skirted dress may not have been the easiest to walk in but it was definitely worth it all in the name of fashion.
7. In 2014, Lupita Nyongo created her own colour at The Oscars when she arrived wearing a ‘Nairobi blue’ Prada gown making the word infamous as it automatically began trending on Twitter. The pale blue gown looked mesmerising on the actresses flawless skin tone, the low neck line looked as though it was made for her figure (well it WAS made for her figure but you get it!) This one amazing look cemented Lupita’s arrival in the fashion industry.